Video marketing is a fantastic and effective way to connect with your audience on both a personal, and professional level. Not too long ago, creating professional videos involved spending thousands of dollars hiring a video production team, and buying expensive equipment in order to get the level of quality needed for a business marketing video.
Thankfully, the cost associated with creating quality videos is incomparable to what you would have paid 10 years ago. The megapixels on today’s gadgets are so high, you can make a professional looking video with almost any of todays smartphones. Paired up with a good video editing app / software, you’ll be amazed with what you can create.
The following are a list of great options for editing your marketing videos:
1. Windows Movie Maker 2.6 – This is a free software program offered by Windows and works with Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP and Windows Server 2008. You can create and edit videos as well as publish them on OneDrive, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Flickr with multiple file formats to choose from. It offers a large selection of tools, effects and transitions. (It’s expected to be replaced with Windows Story Remix my late 2017. )
2. Avidemux – This is a free video editor that is capable of non-linear video editing applying visual effects. It supports many file format types such as AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4 and ASF. It’s designed for simple cutting/pasting, filtering and encoding tasks. It can also insert audio streams into a video file or extract audio streams from video files.
3. Lightworks – Lightworks has both a free version, and paid version. This software program is currently available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. It’s a professional non-linear editing system (NLE) for editing and mastering digital video in many different formats, including 2K and 4K resolutions. Hollywood production movies such as “Pulp Fiction” and “The Wolf of Wall Street have used this software. It offers realtime effects, advanced multicam editing, importing of multiple file types and the ability to export to Vimeo and YouTube.
4. Blender – this is a professional, open source 3D content creation tool used for creating animated films, interactive 3D applications, visual effects, video games and 3D printed models. This powerful program allows you to edit, create 3D graphics, sound effects, and add special effects such as fluid and smoke simulation, texturing, and soft body simulation.
5. VideoPad Video Editor – VideoPad offers both a free, and paid version. It includes a sound-editing program, a sound mixing program, and an image editor. It supports the frequently used formats such as .AVI, .WMV, and DivX and can be directly uploaded to Facebook, YouTube and Flickr.
For more information on video marketing, check out: http://www.thebestmedia.com/blog/why-video-marketing-is-bigger-than-you-think/