When it comes to Search Engine Optimization, we can use all the help we can get. Particularly if you are doing most of the legwork yourself and don’t have a lot of money to invest to hire a professional SEO expert.
There’s a ton of SEO tools out there – some more complicated than others to use. However, there are tons of free and effective tools available that doesn’t require a university degree to figure out how they work.
Here are just a few of the suggestions that will help you monitor, and tweek your website to be as “SEO friendly” as possible.
1. Broken Link Detector – This helpful tool by Ninja Internet Marketers will scan through your website and highlight errors such as broken internal or external links. Broken links are not good for your rankings, so be sure you don’t have any on your website
2. Trunk.ly – is a simple application from BinaryPlex. It works in conjunction with your Twitter account and will display a timeline of the links you (or your friends) have tweeted. This helps to measure the impact a particular twitter account has on clicks/rankings
3. Google’s PageSpeed Insights – It’s a well know fact that page speed directly affects your search engine rankings in Google. Simply by entering a URL, this tool will test the loading time and performance of your website for both desktop and mobile, and identify opportunities to improve
4. Browseo – This tool will display your website to you the way search spiders see it. This can be helpful to see the hierarchy you’ve given to particular elements on your website so you can make changes accordingly if needed.
5. SimilarWeb – Interested to see how you measure up to your competitors? This clever tool compares traffic between two websites.
6. Keywordtool.io – This keyword tool will provide you new keyword alternatives and suggestions based on a single keyword that you provide.
7. Google Keyword Planner – By entering in keywords, this tool will return helpful stats to guide your keyword strategy including monthly search volume, competition, and even suggests terms you may not have considered.
8. QuickSprout Website Analyzer – This will give you a complete analysis on just about everything including SEO optimization, social media, internal/external links, speed, tags, keywords, and competitor comparisons.