WordPress is considered by most, to be a very SEO friendly content management system. Well it just became friendlier, and more effective with the help of the Yoast SEO Plugin.
This powerful tool is the most comprehensive SEO-related WordPress plugin available today that helps to boost results. It’s a free plugin (with an optional paid upgrade) and can be installed on any self-hosted WordPress site.
Here are some more details on what the Yoast SEO Plugin can do for you:
– sets your targeted keywords and tracks how often they are being used on your site
– lets you easily control titles and meta descriptions
– provides a Google search result snippet “preview” of your meta data information as it will be seen by others in a Google search result
– manages sitemaps
– can do URL redirects
– automatically notifies search engines once content is published.
– allows to add a custom RSS footer for posts.
– offers integration options for major social sites like Facebook and Twitter
– has the ability to get you verified google authorship for your site.
– has breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles.
For more on WordPress and Search Engine Optimization, visit http://www.thebestmedia.com/blog/are-there-seo-benefits-of-using-wordpress/